Patch time! We were aiming to release this patch last week, but things got pretty crazy and we needed to put a little more work into some stuff (online ball syncing especially).
Multiplayer is still remaining our main focus until we finish v0.3 (which should be next patch). We added a lot of new content for battle mode, did some balancing, and made the old stuff better. It's all still pretty rough feeling, but we're having a great time with it now. There's still a few more things battle mode needs done, then we'll move onto circuit race and get that ready for v0.3.
Nothing else substantial to mention. The abstract sector is being worked on, and will be in v0.4. We tweaked with some default settings and fixed some of the settings buttons.
We'll be trying to get some 8 player games together (for serious this time) just to see how it handles. There hasn't been any optimizations on the network messaging, so the transfer rates will get pretty high (about 5kb/s per player), which might cause some problems.
Anyways, here's the notes:
- Skull Ball is once again for sale
- Data clearing buttons in settings work now
- Can no longer resize window from the corner - just breaks everything
- Improved World Space UI so it doesnt disappear into the sky - DOF still affects it though
- Increased default camera follow start speed to 20, this should help players who felt like the camera spun too much - you can change this in gameplay settings
- Changed default ghost setting to personal Default camera sensitivity was set to 2 for some reason, changed that back to 1
- Removed 16x antialiasing from options because it was silly
- Tweaked the zoom speed minimum amount
- Added experimental low-poly water to the first 3 levels
- ‘Too Slow’ now fits on finish screen
- Tweaked final elevator in Corridor so it doesn’t smash you into the bottom of another platform
- Fixed lava in 1-10 Volcano Sand
- Fixed spelling error on 3-9 Ultimate Test dialog box
- Updated 3-10 The Beyond par times
- Moved Knot from test levels to extra levels
- Added Space and Volcano multiplayer hubs, pretty temporary design wise but they are there
- Added more weapons and abilities (6 weapons, 12 abilities total)
- Edited some of the maps
- Adjusted aim down sight distance
- Tweaked weapon balance
- Improvements to ball syncing
And that's it. There might be missing a couple things due to me being confused about what version we're on.
Thanks for playing!