I spent most of today refining the main menu controls. Everything should be accessible from the controller now (except text fields), and it shouldn't bug out as much. The right stick gained some handy UI functionality! The settings page still needs work, but that's too much of a time funnel right now sorry.
On the multiplayer front there's nothing major we did. Just some fixing and spicing. The balance of battle mode is very unknown at the moment. We'll be very open in balance discussion when things are more solidified. There are some attempted balances in this patch though.
The next patch should be more multiplayer oriented, and should be the last one before v0.3. We have a little surprise v0.3 that should please some people ;). Hopefully we can get some good tests in before releasing that patch (we've still yet to test an 8 player battle or hub).
- Playing the game with a second monitor should no longer take over the other screen so you can have a website there or something
- When windowed you should be able to resize the window from the corner
- Updated the input wrapper, this may help with some of the weird controller stuff going on
- Enabled XInput support (let us know if this is a good/bad thing plz)
- Changed Blinn-Phong to GGX
- Upgraded SSAO Pro to Sonic Ether SSAO
- Meimei ball model shatters now instead of mysteriously disappearing
- Improved the buoyancy script, ball pieces now float in lava and water will work correctly on angles
- From the latest Unity update: Physics - Fixed problem in PhysX that would cause SphereColliders to bounce when rolling over the triangles of a MeshCollider. (all tracks should be slightly smoother)
- Ball now breaks apart to show inside colour on customize screen
- Lots of controller navigation fixed
- Right stick interacts with things such as colour pickers or scrollbars
- Controllers won't lose focus and freeze up anymore (hopefully)
- Mouse scroll wheel works in the customize menu now
- Music persists between levels that share the same song
- Updated some marathon achievement logic
- Adjusted some gold par times (in most levels, there is at least one person on the leaderboards with a gold time now)
- Optimized 1-10 Volcano Sand slightly, reset the leaderboards since the level changed slightly
- Indicators for when someone is paused or chatting
- Hub and Level UIs should fully work with controllers now
- Item spawners moved around and changed in some battle levels
- Weapon balancing (melee overchage attacks less strong, pistol is better in general)
Thanks for playing!
Let us know what you think of the changes (when they come)